How to Convert OST to PST
When the source file containing your Exchange Server mailbox gets corrupt or becomes inaccessible, 'Off-line Storage Table' or OST file becomes of great help for getting all your precious mail items (Mails, Contacts, Calendar Entries, Notes, Journals etc.) back. You can convert OST to PST file, which can be imported into MS Outlook and thereafter you can easily access your inaccessible mailbox.
Stellar OST to PST Converter is an advanced utility that helps converting the Outlook OST File into corresponding PST file in few simple steps. The software supports all major MS Outlook versions, including 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000 and the software efficiently converts the OST file into a PST.
How to Convert OST to PST Using Stellar OST to PST Converter:
Run Stellar OST to PST Converter:
- Launch Stellar OST to PST Converter software and with the main interface, the 'Select Outlook Data File' dialog box opens.
- You can also open the dialog box by selecting 'Open Outlook File' option from the file menu or clicking the icon on the tool bar with the tool tip of 'open an Outlook file to repair'.
Select / Find Outlook File:
- In the 'Select Outlook Mailbox' dialog box, if you know the exact location of the OST file, click 'Select OST File' button.
- If the exact location of the Outlook data file (OST) is not known, click the 'Find OST File' option to search all OST files.
- There you get the ‘Find Option’ dialogue box with volume selection option. Choose the volume that you want the software to scan for all the *.ost files. You can also check mark the box to search all the subfolders in the folders of the volume.
- After the selection is made, click ‘Start’ button.
- The tool finds and lists all the OST files in the ‘Find Results. Dialogue box.’
- When you select the OST file from the list and click ‘OK.’
- In order to begin the conversion process, click the 'Start' button.
- The conversion process continues. The counters (number of items) against the corresponding folders get updated during the conversion process.
- As the process completes, a message – ‘Scanning of selected OST file completed’ appears. Click ‘OK.’
- If you wish, you can stop the conversion process in the middle by clicking the 'Stop' button, which is displayed after starting the process.
Note: The time needed to finish the conversion process depends on the size of the selected OST file.
Preview of Converted Mail Items:
- After completion of the conversion process, the software shows all the converted mail items in the left pane of the interface under the root node. Click the Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes, Journal tab to preview the corresponding mail items.
- You can use the 'Find Message' option on the tool bar to locate any particular mail item from the huge list of converted items.
Note: The bottom pane of the interface shows information about the number of files converted under each category of mail items.
Save Converted Items as PST:
- Check mark the root node from the left pane of the interface and click the 'Save Converted File' button to store the mail items as a PST file.
- Stellar OST to PST Converter dialogue box opens up, where you find the ‘Save As’ options. Here you get six options, such as PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML, and PDF to choose as output format.
Specify Desired Destination Location:
- Below this, there is the ‘Destination Path’ section. Browse to the location where you want to save the converted file and click 'OK'.
The newly created PST file can be accessed by importing it to Microsoft Outlook.
* Free download version of the software allow you to preview the converted file and save 20 items per folder